Maximum €250 per person
BAHT full membership, minimum of 5+ years of consecutive membership.
This bursary is to enable a member to meet the costs of gaining their European Certified Hand Therapist accreditation. Applications will be judged anonymously and independently by members of the BAHT executive committee. The award is made to the applicant with the highest average score.
Apply for a bursary
||31 January 2020
- Applications can be made up to 3 months after gaining accreditation. The bursary may be awarded, in the form of a loan, prior to accreditation; if the applicant does not proceed with the process the loan must be repaid to BAHT.
- Funding can be put towards the administration costs of completing the accreditation process.
- The marking panel reserves the right to determine the level of the award – this may not be the full value of the bursary or the amount applied for.
- Applicants will be sent a letter to inform them of the outcome of the application. Successful applicants will be asked to sign and return the letter stating that they agree with the terms and conditions of the award.
- Applicants must provide receipts before payment is made.
- The award will be paid in the form of a loan; this will be converted a grant on receipt of the post course bursary report which the applicant is required to complete; to download report template go to www.hand-therapy.co.uk/bursaries/post-course-report-criteria.html
- The bursary report will be posted on the BAHT website.
- Unsuccessful applicants can resubmit an amended application for the next deadline.
- The decision of the judging panel is final. BAHT will not enter into a further correspondence with the applicant.
- Applications are welcome from previous winners.
- Applications which are late, do not meet the required word count or the above criteria will not be judged.
- The number of bursaries available may vary annually and may not always be awarded.
- If an award has not been made in a particular funding round it may be rolled over to the next deadline.
- If the applicant fails to meet the agreed terms and conditions of the award BAHT will request reimbursement of the money awarded.