Maximum £500 per person
BAHT full membership, preference given to those with 3+ years of consecutive membership.
British Society of Surgery of the Hand
This bursary is to enable members to attend an international conference which will enhance their hand therapy skills or knowledge. The bursary is generously funded by the BSSH but awarded via the usual BAHT process. Applications will be judged anonymously and independently by members of the BAHT executive committee. The award is made to the applicant with the highest average score.
Apply for a bursary
||30 June 2018
- Applications can be made prior to the conference or up to 3 months afterwards.
- Funding can be put towards conference fees, reasonable travel or subsistence costs.
- Applicants will be sent a letter to inform them of the outcome of the application. Successful applicants will be asked to sign and return the letter stating that they agree with the terms and conditions of the award.
- The marking panel reserves the right to determine the level of the award – this may not be the full value of the bursary or the amount applied for.
- Applicants must provide receipts before payment is made.
- The award will be paid in the form of a loan; this will be converted a grant on receipt of the post course bursary report which the applicant is required to complete; to download report template go to www.hand-therapy.co.uk/bursaries/post-course-report-criteria.html
- The bursary report will be posted on the BAHT website and forwarded to BSSH.
- The decision of the judging panel is final. BAHT will not enter into a further correspondence with the applicant.
- Course places need to be secured by the applicant; BAHT will not arrange places.
- Applications are welcome from previous winners.
- Applications which are late, do not meet the required word count or the above criteria will not be judged.
- The deadline may be extended if the award has not been made in the above timeframe.
- If the applicant fails to meet the agreed terms and conditions of the award BAHT will request reimbursement of the money awarded.