Free place on BSSH Instructional Course
BAHT full membership, preference given to those with 2+ years of consecutive membership.
British Society of Surgery of the Hand
This bursary has been generously donated by the BSSH to enable members to attend their instructional courses. There are 6 courses in total with 2 courses per year run over a 3 year cycle and are aimed at surgeons and trainees. The bursary is funded by the BSSH but awarded via the usual BAHT process. Applications will be judged anonymously and independently by members of the BAHT executive committee. The award is made to the applicant with the highest average score.
Apply for a bursary
Usually 6 weeks prior to the course date; go to www.bssh.ac.uk/about/events/?catid=2 for planned dates/forthcoming courses.
||03 May 2019
ICHS 7.6: Wrist, Occupational and Medicolegal Aspects: 14-15 June 2019. Manchester
- Applicants should apply via the BAHT bursary system and not to BSSH for a course place.
- This award is a free course place and is not monetary.
- Applicants will be sent a letter to inform them of the outcome of the application. Successful applicants will be asked to sign and return the letter stating that they agree with the terms and conditions of the award.
- The personal details of the successful applicants will be sent to BSSH; BSSH will then contact the applicant directly regarding course details etc.
- The successful applicant is required to complete a post course bursary report; to download report template go to www.hand-therapy.co.uk/bursaries/post-course-report-criteria.html
- The bursary report will be posted on the BAHT website and forwarded to BSSH.
- The decision of the judging panel is final. BAHT will not enter into a further correspondence with the applicant.
- Applications are welcome from previous winners.
- Applications which are late, do not meet the required word count or the above criteria will not be judged.
- The number of bursaries available may vary annually and may not always be awarded.