Facility: The Wellington Hospital London
About the facility
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
In our 50-bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit we care for patients with a wide range of complex neurological conditions. And we're supported by the UK’s largest private intensive care unit. We also offer the latest cancer and robotic surgery treatments, including electrochemotherapy, HIPEC and the da Vinci Robot. Having the largest neurosciences unit in London means we're able to carry out advanced spinal surgery, intracranial and peripheral nerve surgery as well as pioneering neurosurgery.
As a Senior Hand Therapist at the Wellington Hospital you will maintain a clinical case load and provide high quality treatment to patients with upper limb conditions, whilst participate in the smooth running of the department and maintain customer focus at all times; assisting in the development and promotion of the Hand Unit.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week – include shifts details
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £39,902 - £44,335 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive and ongoing assessment for each patient in areas including movement, function, dexterity, oedema and sensation.
- Ensure the patient, their family and carers are involved in the planning and delivery of their own care and plan and implement appropriate treatment regimes using hand therapy treatment media
- Accompany patients to their consultant appointments when appropriate and liaise with the consultants regarding the progress of their patients.
- Ensure that correct recording of staff time statistics, patient charges and patient notes are performed daily and ensuring the registering of our patients.
- Provide written reports for the referring agents and consultants when appropriate.
Skills and Experience
- HCPC Registration
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
- Previous experience in Hand Therapy
- Ideally BAHT validated courses at levels I and II
- Skills in splinting
About the Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.