BAHT full membership for a minimum of 1 year
These bursaries are to enable members to participate in charitable work in which they will use their hand therapy skills or knowledge. Applications will be judged anonymously and independently by members of the BAHT executive committee. The award is made to the applicant with the highest average score.
Apply for a bursary
No fixed deadline, applications will be judged on a “first-come, first-served” basis
- Applications can be made prior to the event or up to 3 months afterwards.
- Funding can be put towards reasonable travel or subsistence costs; it will not be made available for items such as visa / passport applications or immunisation costs. If the work requires the provision of materials or texts the applicant is encouraged to seek support from the relevant distributors.
- The marking panel reserves the right to determine the level of the award – this may not be the full value of the bursary or the amount applied for.
- Applicants will be sent a letter to inform them of the outcome of the application. Successful applicants will be asked to sign and return the letter stating that they agree with the terms and conditions of the award.
- Applicants must provide receipts for costs incurred before payment is made.
- The award will be paid in the form of a loan; this will be converted a grant on receipt of the post event bursary report which the applicant is required to complete; to download report template go to www.hand-therapy.co.uk/bursaries/post-course-report-criteria.html
- The bursary report will be posted on the BAHT website.
- Unsuccessful applicants can resubmit an amended application if the award is still available.
- The decision of the judging panel is final. BAHT will not enter into a further correspondence with the applicant.
- Applications are welcome from previous winners.
- Applications which do not meet the required word count or the above criteria will not be judged.
- The number of bursaries available may vary annually and may not always be awarded.
- If the award has not been made in full the remaining amount will be made available for future applications within the financial year.
- If the applicant fails to meet the agreed terms and conditions of the award BAHT will request reimbursement of the money awarded.