Maximum £400 per person
BAHT full membership, no minimum time.
These bursaries are to enable newer or more junior members to attend a BAHT accredited Level I course. Applications will be judged anonymously and independently by members of the BAHT executive committee. The award is made to the applicant with the highest average score.
Apply for a bursary
||31 August 2020
- Applications can be made prior to the course or up to 3 months afterwards.
- Funding can be put towards course fees, reasonable travel or subsistence costs.
- The marking panel reserves the right to determine the level of the award – this may not be the full value of the bursary or the amount applied for.
- Applicants will be sent a letter to inform them of the outcome of the application. Successful applicants will be asked to sign and return the letter stating that they agree with the terms and conditions of the award.
- Applicants must provide receipts before payment is made.
- The award will be paid in the form of a loan; this will be converted a grant on receipt of the post course bursary report which the applicant is required to complete; to download report template go to www.hand-therapy.co.uk/bursaries/post-course-report-criteria.html
- The bursary report will be posted on the BAHT website.
- Unsuccessful applicants can resubmit an amended application for the next deadline.
- The decision of the judging panel is final. BAHT will not enter into a further correspondence with the applicant.
- Course places need to be secured by the applicant; BAHT will not arrange places.
- Applications are welcome from previous winners.
- Applications which are late, do not meet the required word count or the above criteria will not be judged.
- The number of bursaries available may vary annually and may not always be awarded.
- If an award has not been made in a particular funding round it may be rolled over to the next deadline.
- If the applicant fails to meet the agreed terms and conditions of the award BAHT will request reimbursement of the money awarded.